Buying the best food bowl for your dog might not be as easy as you think. Dogs have to eat numerous times a day and it is important that your dog's bowl is the right size and at the right level. It's also very important that you choose the right type of bowl for your dog, whether it is a slow feed bowl or a non-slip bowl. Read this blog for an overview of the different kinds of dog food bowls.
Types of Dog Food Bowl
Plastic Food Bowl
While plastic dog food bowls might seem simple, they can come in a variety of shapes and sizes that fit many different needs. The best part is you will typically find them at very reasonable prices and even if they do break they are easy to replace. However, it's important to always make sure the type of bowl you choose is right for your dog because not all dogs like being fed out of plastic bowls. Especially those who tend to scratch or chew on the side of their food or water dishes.
Though not good for wet or raw food, a Snuffle Bowl is designed to engage your dog's mind and nose, relieving stress and slowing pups who eat too fast.
By hiding their desired treats inside the bowl, you are training your dog to look for food in the most enjoyable way. It encourages your pooch to investigate, solve a problem, and use their powerful nose to get that tasty reward.
Stainless Steel Dog Bowls
Stainless steel dog bowls can be a great alternative to traditional plastic bowls as they are strong and won't chip or break. Dog owners should also keep in mind that stainless steel is also much easier to clean and does not have the potential for contamination like with plastic pet bowls for example which could harbor bacteria due to their porous surfaces. These bowls are durable dishwasher safe and last long.
Ceramic Dog Bowls
Ceramic dog bowls are a fun way to express your pooch's personality. You can get one decorated with unique motifs or perhaps even craft one yourself. With protective glazing, ceramic bowls are also great at resisting staining and will easily last you for many years to come.
Ceramic bowls aren't as sturdy as metal ones, but if they are dishwasher-safe, you won't have to worry about them being too high maintenance compared to their counterparts! Just don't drop the bowl on the ground or it may shatter into pieces.
Elevated Dog Bowls
Elevated Dog Bowls may have many different materials, from plastic and stainless steel to the more traditional wood or metal. Some experts believe that an elevated dog bowl is healthier for a pet (It helps dogs sit up straight, thereby reducing bloat). These bowls are also great for giant dog breeds.
Travel Dog Bowls
Travel dog bowls are great products to use when going on vacation or taking a long trip with your pet. These bowls are typically made of plastic or polyester and they're an easy way to bring food and water along as you travel.
If you love to go on hikes then this dog travel bowl is especially for you. These dog bowls are dual-purpose and can store food and water. This portable dog bowl is also lightweight and easy to take anywhere.
Dogs can sometimes be picky eaters, and you might be wondering if there is a certain type of food bowl that can help you to get your dog to eat his or her food. Luckily, there are many different dog bowls on the market, and some of them are designed to encourage your dog to eat. When you are shopping for dog bowls, you will want to look at some of the details that make each one unique
If you love taking your dog on walks, hikes, and runs, but always worry about where to find water for them when you're out and about, our Portable Dog Travel Bowl will be the final solution you need. This collapsible silicone bowl is easy to carry with you on walks, hikes and runs.
The Snuffle Bowl is a fun way to address behavioral problems, including eating too fast, and getting into trouble by being bored.
- Reduce your dog’s stress levels. Create a fun and engaging way to reduce your dog’s stress levels. Hide treats in different parts of the snuffle bowl, so they are rewarded with joy as they look for these treats.
- Provide your dog an enjoyable outlet for his desire. Dogs love to smell and this snuffle bowl will provide them with an enjoyable activity for them to train their desire to hunt.
- Keep undesirable behaviors at bay. Using one unique dog toy, your pooch will be engaged in sniffing for treats hidden in the bowl. This will distract them away from boredom, preventing behaviors like chewing, scratching, and more.
- Prevent bloating. Dogs love to eat and this causes them to overeat if we are not careful. The snuffle bowl is a great way to slow down their urge to eat, minimizing the risk of bloating and obesity.
- Suitable for all dogs. From larger dogs to smaller ones, this snuffle bowl is a total nose playground for all dogs to relieve stress while also training their mind and nose daily.